Friday, July 20, 2007

So Its Harry Potter Eve and I'm waiting for my book and feeling like rambling.........

After watching the new movie I decided to reread books 3-6 in time for the release of book 7. Its 12:36am and I just finished Half Blood Prince. Did Dumbledore know that Snape had made an Unbreakable Vow with Draco's mum? He knew Draco was trying to kill him. Was the argument in the forest between him and Snape about Dumbldore making Snape promise to keep his vow. The last two books have really played up the amazingly strong powers of Ginny Weasely and the fact that Harry's biggest weapon is the ability to love and be loved. Is there important connection between the two and Voldemort's demise. We all know that Harry has to kill Voldemort. Obviously Voldemort isn't going to kill Harry. But will Harry survive after he has fulfilled his destiny? Does the last sentence of book six, ".......there was still one last golden day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione." hold a clue as to who will die this time around? Will Harry be left having succeeded in saving the wizarding world but at the cost of losing his two best friends? Part of me doesn't want to know. Part of me is sad that in a few days the story will be over.

My hubby works at Barnes and Noble. As soon as all the customers have purchased their books and the store closes one register will remain open to allow employees to purchase their own books. Typically I get dibs on the book as the hubby is a ban-wagoner who didn't read the books till after the first movie. However, he has become just as big a fan as I am (He threw the book clear across the room when Dumbledore died.) and I just got a text saying that he will be buying two books this time around. :)

When I get my copy in an hour or so I'm going to be very excited, but it will be with a heavy heart that I open the cover and begin to read knowing that this will be the last time we get a new installment in what has been one of the greatest stories in a long while.

No comments:

When I"m Not Reading.....